Implants in Beaverton
Dental implants are rods that are placed into a patient's jawbone to replace the natural roots of a tooth.
Improve Your Smile! Contact Us Today!
Dental implants make an ideal treatment choice for patients looking to replace one or more missing teeth.
Dental implants are titanium rods that are surgically placed into a patient's jawbone to replace the natural roots of a tooth. When placed into a patient's jawbone, implants act like a replacement base for a tooth lost due to dental disease or injury. Typically, dental crowns are placed on top of implants to serve as an artificial tooth, working to help restore a patient's smile back to health.
To receive an implant, patients must first undergo an exam from one of our Beaverton dentists to determine whether their gum tissue and underlying bone structure can support the placement of an implant.
Advantages of Dental Implants
Dental implants from our Beaverton dentists offer patients a number of important advantages that include:
- Improved appearance. Dental implants look and feel just like your own teeth and will blend seamlessly into the natural complexion of your smile.
- Improved comfort. Unlike dentures or bridges that can slip, implants become a permanent part of your oral health, ensuring a more comfortable and secure fit.
- Improved self-confidence. Patients missing one or more teeth can easily find themselves feeling self-conscious or insecure about their appearance. Dental implants can help to restore the confidence you have about your appearance and smile.
- Easier time eating. Patients with missing teeth have a hard time eating certain types of foods, especially if they must deal with sliding dentures. With the secured fit offered by dental implants, you can feel confident eating your favorite foods just like before.
Why You Need to Replace a Missing Tooth
Whether the result of an accident or dental decay and disease, replacing a missing tooth is an essential part of protecting your long-term oral health. While a gap in your smile may cause some discomfort, it can also cause lasting damage if left untreated. Failure to replace a missing tooth can cause:
- Changes in your bite, making eating more difficult.
- Jaw pain and TMJ due to bite realignment.
- A shift in the appearance of your smile as neighboring teeth begin to move into the space left vacant by the missing tooth.
- A deterioration of the supporting bone structure that holds your teeth into position.
- A change in how you speak.
- You to feel self-conscious about your appearance.
- The shape of your face to change. The loss of teeth and bone can cause the face to sag.
Why wait to get the healthier, better-looking smile you’ve been wanting? Contact our office today to schedule a dental implant consultation and start smiling with confidence again.
Who Makes a Good Candidate for Dental Implants?
If you enjoy good oral and overall health and your jaw can support an implant, this treatment option could help restore your smile. Patients need to possess the bone density necessary for dental implants, so not every patient is a candidate for this restorative treatment. Patients without the necessary jaw support can explore options such as a bone graft to make a future implant possible.